Obeying the call of God to go into the Dominican Republic, Uriel and Becky Castrillon along with their four small children moved from the United States to Barahona in 1997. Armed with a vision from Jesus to share His Gospel with people in unreached areas, the Castrillons began to hold evangelistic outreaches and plant churches in the Southern part of the Dominican Republic.
Today they oversee 10 churches in the towns of Cristobal, Salinas, Polo and Santiago. The ministry is continually expanding seeking to purchase and build new church buildings to accommodate the new believers coming to faith in Christ.
In addition to this, the ministry has a strong outreach program to children with Feeding Centers in the towns of Cristobal and Salinas, two pre-school centers in Cristobal and the town of Vengan A Ver that serve over 120 children. The church in Santiago also ministers to 100 children three times per week. We are endeavoring to prepare these children to lead the church into the future of Dominican Republic and the world.
To plant Christian churches in Dominican Republic. To provide Christian education to children and to create sustainable development projects to help improve the lives of the people we serve.
- The church has two campuses with six buildings.
- It serves as a shelter for displaced victims of floods caused by Hurricane and Tropical Storms.
- It has a Pre-school center that serves 22 children weekly.
- The church has a program called, “Loving My Neighbor” which includes remodeling and building of new homes for selected families in need.
- The “Bread of Life” feeding center provides 30 needy families with rations of food monthly through their sponsored children. The center also provides, shoes, clothing, and medical care to sponsored children when needed.
- The church has a program called, “A Day With The Church” which includes remodeling and building of new homes for selected families in need.
- The “Bread of Life” feeding center in this church has 15 needy families that receive rations of food monthly through their sponsored children. The center also provides, shoes, clothing, and medical care to sponsored children when needed.
- It serves the small community of Los Arroyos in the mountains of Polo
New Church Plant
- In the town of Vengan A Ver. We have a Pre-School program for 30 children in this town and are beginning a new church plant in this community.
- We have three established churches and three church plants in the Norther region of the Island in the city of Santiago, second largest city in the nation. Our main church serves 100 children with an after school program, three days per week.